Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Me a Chaperone??! At a Candy Factory!!!!!

Yes, I was a chaperone for a field trip! To a Candy Factory!! Sarah (sweet little sister, Sarah!) and I went to lend support and have fun. It was way cool. We watched the Leslie-Gibb candy factory make cinnamon cube suckers. We also found out that to make about 1600 suckers, they use about 55 pounds of sugar. They have a giant TANK of corn syrup. We also saw peanut brittle and peanut patties. This is peanut farm country so we have lots of peanut specialties. I was good and DID not touch and, believe it or not, provided a good but goofy role model to the kids.
We also toured the Norman Petty Recording Studio. Think Buddy Holly. It was really neat. Sugar Shack was recorded there! We also went to the local livestock auction and warned all of the kids NOT to raise their hands and thus buy a cow. I believe I told Caitlyn that if she bought a cow, her father would have a cow.
After fetching drinks, herding through bathrooms and dispensing hugs, we rolled home. What a fun day! Special thanks to Sarah, for driving and being the best buddy to hang with! Thanks to Kendra for keeping Sarah and I from getting lost, keeping my newly purchased candy cooled and by being a very fun lady to talk to! May our kids have many more fun times together!
Thanks kids...thanks Ladies!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Not sure if the guide told your group, but that tank holds 5000 gallons of corn syrup!! I've got a picture of it, even. :)

Thanks for tagging along with me, and having Kendra's phone number so we didn't get lost!! #1 fear on a field trip is getting lost and having no clue where they went! (it is, after all, my kid on that bus).

We should do that again sometime...Maybe in another year or four. :P