Saturday, January 10, 2009

Creative Play for Active Children




Wow, sometimes you can give the kids everything you think they need for an established activity. Then that wonderful thing, Childhood Imagination, takes over.


While painting the new playroom, I decided that the kids could take their tempra paints and paper into the garage and do some painting of their own. I expected to see reams of colored smiles and ponies. When I came out to the garage.......I was very suprised to find that they had used the paint to cover the driveway in very oraganized handprints. It was wildly creative, very well laid out and covered the enitre driveway. After I appreciated their ingenuity, I squirted it with dish soap and gave them scrubbies. They had just as much fun cleaning it up as they did making it. Luckily it was about 70 degrees out, so chill wasn't a factor!


I did give them permission to paint the old stock tanks! Gotta love kids!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

How cool!
What room is the new playroom?