Saturday, June 13, 2009

Weapons of a Rural Homemaker

Ok, so the boys went to pick strawberries. They came to the door to show me the Larry (toad) they found. I asked them to please put Larry back. Then they come running into the house screaming, snake.
I go out and move the Larry (soon to be eaten by the snake) and hear a rattle and see the edge of the snake. I ask the kids to bring me the shovel. They give me a broom and a flat rake. The snake goes under the fence, into the back yard and under the grill. I hear it rattle, but I see the head and it looks like a bull snake.
I can't get it with just a rake and the kids can't find the shovel. I get the fire extinguisher from the laundry room and blast under the grill. it comes flying out. I cover it with the extinguisher which super chills it. Then I beat it to death with the rake. I take it out, find the shovel which was on the side of the fence, and take off it's head. Bull snake. The body is still moving and it currently entertaining the chickens in the pen. After the sun goes down and the body stops twitching, the birds will eat it. I buried the head.
I need a new fire extinguisher.

1 comment:

suzanne said...

OMG!!! You crack me up!!