Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas and revelations

Okay, I have been a complete slacker.  I really don't have any great excuses.
Maybe one, alright, two! or four!
Christmas came with many laughs, too much food and great company.
We had our traditional Italian feast on Christmas Eve and the kiddos were amazed and excited when Oh-my and Pop-pop gave them.....FULL SIZE MOUNTAIN BIKES!
Rock on! They can really cover ground now.  They have taken a few trips up the road and back, loving the freedom.  One time I followed on Shiloh, who thought this whole process stank, until the kids shared their snacks.  Then he was quite happy to follow.
Christmas Day brought happiness in the form of legos.  Gotta love those!  Cailtyn also was happy to receive a custom pink horse grooming kit and carry case that she had seen and LOVED!  We had a less than traditional meal going with brisket instead of turkey, but I have to tell you: Clean up was much easier!
We enjoyed lazy mornings (7 rather than 6!) and family time (I can take you in Sorry Sliders!).
My big revelation? My friend, Liberty, introduced me to ravelry.  How awesome is this!!
If you knit or crochet, here is the place for you. I have gotten back into crochet and I honestly didn't realize how much I had missed it!
I have made several scarves and am making granny squares for throw.
I also am at The Shabby Sheep Yarn Shop some mornings, and love meeting all of the crafty people in my community!
So if you are a Portalian...swing by and say hi!

And how was your day?

No comments: