Monday, January 28, 2008

Brother can you spare me some change....

This post has no photo...nor should it. James was sick not too long ago. Consequently he had the privlege of ginger ale. Bubbled drinks are an uncommon occurance here at the Rooney Ranch. Well, Conner was very envious of Jimmy's drink, so he walks up to me and says, "I swallowed a penny. Can I have ginger ale now?" After the initial shock I questioned him enough to realize he did indeed swallow a penny. This was on a Thursday evening. I called poison control and found out this is a fairly common thing and since he evidently swallowed it without impairing his airways, I would have to wait up to seven days for the penny to pass. After seven days I should seek medical help. Then poison control gave me instructions on how to catch and check for the penny. Conner was mad and decided to hang onto his penny. He refused to go until Saturday. I made a good catch (DON'T ASK!) and was able to verify that the penny had indeed passed. Conner insisted on seeing it. The child is super gross. As I was preparing to clean up, he says, "Hey! I want my penny!" Needless to say I held firm and the penny is now in safe keeping in our septic tank. My life is never boring.

1 comment:

suzanne said...

Julie, Right now that is my biggest fear with Emma. I caught her putting a small rock in her mouth at the park the other day and was in such a panic. If you and Conner can survive, then if it happens to me I know we can too.