Friday, September 18, 2009

Shakespeare quote.....

I mentioned on my facebook page, that Shakespeare was a universal man, his thoughts and writings are as applicable today, as they were years ago.

I found some of my books, and was excited to see that, despite many moves, my copy of the Riverside Shakespeare, unabridged, is still with me.

This one seems to suit my life right now:

"..It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying, nothing."

Macbeth, act 5 v 26

Macbeth, for those who haven't read it, is a woeful tale of ambition and deceit. It is in the story of a previously honorable manwho is lead down a road of fantasy, most in his own head, that leads him to commit dark and terrible acts. Acts that he feels justified about. It is in the end, when his wife commits suicide to escape her conscience, that he realizes the futility of his actions and utters these words. However, like a glacier, his actions are unstoppable. He knows he turned off the correct path, but is incapable of turning around, he crossed a line with his actions and internally understands this.

Yes, this is a departure from my whimsical reflections of my family, but after posting a couple of "overly educated" quotes on Face Book, and getting told that I made other people look stupid (not my intent) I decided, well, my blog is my own! So I can fill it as I wish..............


"As you wish........" (movie quote, The Princess Bride, loved it!)

No comments: