Friday, May 27, 2011

Conner Graduates Kindergarten

There was nervousness, there were tears.  There were smiles and there were shinning eyes.  And then there was Conner!
Conner had no nervousness or anxiety.  He was bouncy and ready to go!
The children did wonderful with their songs and poems.  Their gappy teeth and mortarboards provided a unique contrast.  Conner was thrilled that his "girl friend", Amelia. could make it.
For me, it is bitter sweet.  I am excited for my youngest.  I am so proud of him.  But he is my youngest.  My last through kindergarten with it's sweet innocence, it's ingenuinity, it's stuttered words and lisps.  I shall miss pages that are graded with smiles or frowns, where the biggest infractions are running in the halls.
But someday, this little one will be a man, and there is no way on earth I would hamper his journey.
Congratulations Conner Mac!

No comments: