Saturday, June 11, 2011

Traffic and travel!

So I found this new part on blogger that shows almost everything about my viewers.  What systems they use (Mac vs PC), web browsers, referral sites, searches and even geography!  I have had readers in Alaska and the Ukraine!!  I find it fascinating!
We are on our way home from our lovely vacation.  We spent a fun filled time in Disneyland (seriously, we stayed on site, I highly recommend that route!), then had even more fun in Las Vegas with Grandma and Grandpa.
We climbed Mt. Charleston (okay, just the Mary Jane Falls trail, but it was rated as moderate, and we went up about 1600 feet in about 1.4 miles!), we walked the strip (Mama, is that real?  Why are there Egyptian thingys?), we swam (the pool cleaner is now named Vip the Zip) and made homemade pizza with Grandpa (woot!).
So, it was interesting to me, to stop on my physical journey (hello, Gallup!) and look at the Internet journey that my blog makes.  Amazing.  My words can travel, and way faster than I can!
We have driven along a route that has shown us the raw beauty of the West. The rock cliffs, the streaked crumbly hills, all send a visceral feeling through me.  The ancient human trapped in all of us looks to the cliffs, sees the out croppings and thinks, shelter.  There is something pleasing in the landscape.  It is something that reassures me as I drive through it.
We journey home tomorrow.  My mind is half on the laundry and cleaning that needs to be done.  The fence that needs mending (alas, my fence is continually having problems, and only on one side.  Frustrating to say the least). The parade that Caitlyn and James are in on Saturday and Heritage days all weigh in the back of my mind.

But foremost, I see the cliffs, striations of red and tan, boldly jutting out of the ground.  Sentries, shelter, survival.

No comments: