Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Decorating and Doggies

The weeks of summer seem to be slipping by so quickly.  Last week at about this time there was a commotion on our front porch.  There was some barking and bouncing and a cute, adorable puppy bounded over and greeted me.  Now, in the previous week Steve had given an adamant "NO" to two free puppies that I had fallen in love with.  He was saying "NO", again!  But she chose us!  She followed me on walks, always to return to our house.  One day I shushed her and yelled, "Go home!", she went to our front porch.  We still have her in our backyard and there is a couple with children coming to see her tomorrow, so hopefully this will be her forever family!
This summer our project is Conner's room.  Conner's room is a mish mash of space ships and sharks, no true theme. 
He has been obsessed with Harry Potter, so it made sense to decorate his room in a Harry Potter theme.  This has proved to be a challenge.  There is an entire internet of items I could by.  Um, this equals PRICEY!!!!  I mean, really, why pay 60 bucks for a lamp
So what's a girl to do? Go to GoodWill!  We went and scored some serious wall decor and some great basket pumpkins and candle holders.  At a yard sale, I scored matching tables that are really odd and can be stacked. Six bucks!
So today, I started on the hard part, the paint.  Until I realized, paper came first!  We saw something similar to this on line, but this is a different take on it.  For 2.99 I purchased an old book, the Encyclopedia of Dictionaries.  For 16.00, I purchased wall glue, a brush, a smoother and a bucket.  Here are the results!



Next up, painting and curtains!

And how was your day?

No comments: