Wednesday, July 6, 2011

More Mystical Room

More work on the Harry Potter Room    
I got the two tables for three dollars each at a yard sale.  They needed some paint and I am going to add some more touches.  The dresser was Conner's already, it just took some paint and stencils.
The last is our playroom door.  I thought it would make a lovely Mirror of Erised.  I love to decorate, and this time, well, with Harry Potter theme, I am all in.  I think I am having more fun than Conner!  Nothing wrong with that.  A fun room doesn't have to cost bunches.  All said and done, this room is costing less than 200.  The joy of it is you don't have to fork it all out at once.  Make use of Goodwill and other thrift stores.  I found all sorts of items that we are going to be adding to his room that I picked up for a song.  I did opt for store bought drapes, rather than sewing my own.  I figured he could use the privacy more than I needed to save a buck.  As soon as the paint is dry, the drapes will go up along with the wall hangings.
We support Gryffindor......and the Chudley Cannons! 
And how was your day?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Awesome job!!!