Saturday, July 16, 2011

Harry Potter's room, had he not been raised a muggle...

We finished the room.  It is everything he wanted and more.  There are two details that haven't been completely finished, so sue me!  I was a tribe leader for VBS all this week and add on a fund raiser for cheer squad, well, you get the picture.  I have the Mirror of Erised sitting in my garage awaiting Pop-pop to hang it on some serious stud mounts.  It is old and heavy, just like the real thing.  I also need to paint the trunk in proper Gryffindor colors.  In case anyone is wondering, all the real candles have had their wicks removed and the rest are LED faux candles.  They are fabulous, they even smell like vanilla candles!  The room is a delightful flight of fancy, but in the end, let us heed wise words:

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that." - Albus Dumbledore

And how was your day?

No comments: