Saturday, November 21, 2009

Conner and his response

Ok, I didn't get a post in yesterday due to internet connection errors....so, two for today!

Yesterday Conner needed re-evaluated for his speech language at school. Our SLP, Mrs. Mary Kay is a wonderful woman. She is calm and kind and has a gift with children. Her forms of therapy go beyond science into a true art form.

I sat as she gently guided Conner through the evaluation. She quizzed him on various pictures, getting him to say certain words that are troublesome.

I was a bit shocked, though, as one point to hear him exclaim, "That's evil."
I have seen these testing cards before I couldn't think of anything that would have prompted that response.
I heard him again, "Mom says they're evil."

And then it dawned on me....he had gotten to the picture of the clown. What a good boy and Mary Kay had a chuckle, too.