Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hmmmmm, advanced science from a First Grader

When my sweet little cherubs arrive home they instinctively know that I have missed them. In an effort to make up for a kid free day, they kindly disperse their jackets and back-packs in a wide area to make up for their absence.
As I scooped, gathered and grabbed all of the these various items (not to put away, that would be too kind, and I am not! But to be dumped on the offender's head) I accidentally spilled Jim's bag.
Out spilled three weeks worth of graded papers, flyers from past school events, a library book and two items of Tupperware.
Curious, I recognized one as a container that held Spanish rice, his lunch.
But the other one mystified me.
Now, it had a reddish stain in it that recalled spaghetti lunches, but that was well over a week ago. As we know, no first grader would ever, ever leave a food container sitting unwashed for so long.
Upon closer inspection I began to wonder if it wasn't a science experiment, it did have the look of a penicillin farm.
I held it and looked up to see James watching me.
With a sweet, charming grin, he said, "That's for you." And then ran laughing to chase a brother outside.
Nice.
Little does he know, tomorrow I am going to short sheet his bed. So there.

And how was your day?

No comments: