Friday, June 25, 2010

The Tale of Little Dragon.

Once upon a time, there was a little dragon who was very thick and wide.  She would crouch in the rocks by the big blue house and sit and listen.  Sometimes the noises perplexed her and she was compelled to see what made such strange noises.  She would scuttle and scurry, but if the people from the blue house came out, she would lie low and pretend to be looking elsewhere.  She didn't want the people to see her, to know she was watching.
Days would go by and she would inch closer to peer near windows, and then scurry off at the first sign of activity.  Curiosity was too much.  There were so many interesting sounds.  Children laughing, phones ringing, games whirring and beeping.  She felt compelled to see these people.  Yet she knew she shouldn't.
Today she made it to the arbor door, and as I stumbled upon her, she gave me an "oh-you-don't-see-me-I-am-not-going-anything-wrong" look.
I flicked her with the hose and she scurries away.
But like a good little bug eater, this little dragon, both thick and wide, will scurry back, drawn to the noises of my home.


No comments: