Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cup cake bites!

After my friend Sarah, turned me onto the many incredible websites devoted to cakes and sweets.....I tried a recipe.  This is from Bakerella, a fabulous and talent chef.  For the full instructions, click Here.  She has fabulous ideas and is very very generous with the instructions.
My only additions to this is the following:

You will need two days.  I did it all in one, and there is just not enough Martha in me to do it again.  So, bake the cake, crumble, ball and freeze.  Do that on day one.  Save the balls in the freezer.
The next day, do the dips. 

Have lots of dish towels available.  I am a messy baker and went through quite a few and nearly went after hand towels from the powder room's stash.

Wear comfortable shoes.  Yes, I know, that should go without saying, but man, my feet got tired.

This recipe is easy.  It has lots of steps, but don't be discouraged.  Mine don't look nearly as cute and perfect as hers, but A) they taste good and B) Hey first time out of the gate!

I highly recommend this recipe, and the Bakerella site.  There are so many ideas and she has a gentle and easy way of explaining things.




So yummy up!  Make some cup cake bites!  Now, go to Bakerella's site and see some really pretty ones!

No comments: