Friday, November 11, 2011

For All Veterans

Veteran's Day 11-11-11

A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life,wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including, their life. Regardless of personal religious or political views, that is an honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer remember that fact.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier; one died for your soul, the other for your freedom... Thanks for serving!

Thank you to the brave men and women who are serving and who have served. I truly enjoy my freedoms thanks to your sacrifices. May God Bless! Have a wonderful day.

My Papa was a veteran of World War II and I was always proud of him even as a boy. Today I am thankful for all the men and women who serve our country. We cover you with our prayers! And for my brother-in-law Josh serving on the other side of the world - I love you and am praying for your safety!


Thank you to all the veterans who fought/fight for my freedom, but especially to one whom is close to my heart, ------! I love you brother and am very proud of you!

Remember, if it weren't for the deeds of the veterans, we would not be where we are today. We owe them the respect they have earned.

‎11/11/11...Happy Veterans Day! Thank you all active and retired military for your service! God bless you and your families for the sacrifices made!

Happy 11-11-11! We are saluting all you wonderful and dedicated Veterans out there who defend this great country and our way of life. "Thank You" hardly seems good enough, but...THANK YOU

Thank you to all who have served, are currently serving, or have made the ultimate sacrifice for my freedom!!

Thank you Veterans. Words can't express.

America's veterans embody the ideals upon which America was founded more than 229 years ago.
Steve Buyer
America's Veterans have served their country with the belief that democracy and freedom are ideals to be upheld around the world.
John Doolittle

"When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep?" -George Canning

"In war, there are no unwounded soldiers." -Jose Narosky

"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude." -Cynthia Ozick


The first set of quotes were ones I gleaned from Facebook, of friends expressing their grateful hearts.  The rest are some I found on the internet.
From this indebted citizen, a profound thank you to the men and women in uniform.

And how was your day?




No comments: