Friday, October 5, 2007

I AM THE MIGHTY HUNTER!!

Early this morning, Steve left for work and as per my instructions, swung around the barn area. His headlights revealed that my trap had caught something. Following protocol, he awoke me and told me the news....
"Hey, Hunny, you caught a SKUNK!" Wow. I was trying for coyote. But a skunk is still a bad varmit. I decided to wait until daylight before dispatching the skunk, because let's face it, just how close do you want to be to a really really angry skunk?
Less than an hour later, even half an acre away and upstaris, it became evident just how angry this skunk was. So I threw on a sweatshirt, loaded my .22 and went out.

SKUNK-A-LACIOUS. He reeked. I dispatched him and left him to smell out a bit before I remove him from the trap. But between this and the bull snake that our neighbor killed, it might explain the egg production drop off we had!

This post is memory of William's rooster.."Big Bad Bill" whom is MIA and presumed dead at the hands of the evil coyote empire.

No comments: