Monday, October 8, 2007

Nobody wore it???


Went to Lubbock today! That is always fun. I LOVE TEXAS!! There really is something about it! And the Mall!! Anyway, I had some Gymbucks to spend, and anyone who has used Gymbucks knows how fun those are. They are dollars off of purchases at Gymboree. And I have a new love of Gymboree. Okay, I will say it: Yes, Jennifer, you were right. If you hit the discounts and save your Gymbucks, you can afford Gymboree.
So I bought some clothes, mostly for Caitlyn since the boys are loving hand-me-downs from cousin Joey. But this morning while getting ready for school, we were getting jackets on. A new one for Conner, a favorite for Jimmy, but what about me? Asks William. Well, I had an older one that William will only wear because Joey used to. Conner's new one...Jimmy has a truely great Air Force jacket from Joey and poor William. He has a nice Carhart from Jori's son, Zavy, but never, ever anything new.
So at Gymboree Oh-My (my mom) spots a nice heavy jacket with a hood on the SALE rack. SCORE!! I bring it home and William is so excited. He kept asking me, "Nobody wore it?" The concept is very strange for the hand-me-down kid. I am happy I got it. One sale jacket for a boy who has never had a new jacket!! Not that I am down playing the importance of hand-me-downs (Yes, Jennifer, boxes from you are like Christmas!!), but the amazement on his face...to be the first one to wear a jacket...Wow. This is one of those wonderful moments of parenthood. I was privledged to be a witness and participant in his awe and joy. A simple clearance jacket...a heart full of happiness. Makes me want to overlook the fact that they took apart their picnic table!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm glad William got to have something brand new!!!
FYI, I had to go create a blogger account just so I can comment here! LOL! Hopefully I'll put stuff up on mine soon.