Sunday, March 14, 2010

Horse on the Porch












So, it is an ordinary afternoon. I am headed over to Mom's house to check on her horses. I step in the door and my phone rings. It is Caitlyn. Shiloh won't get up, not even when she offered yummies.
I rush back home and there is Shiloh, laying in the barn and no amount of Cait's sweet talk is motivating him to move. We get him and and get some meds into him. Caitlyn was great about keeping him walking while I prepped the meds. A bit of banamine and he was drinking and trying to graze.
We left him in the backyard to continue grazing and drinking while we had dinner.
Shiloh has always been a social soul, and being in the backyard has one great big perk, the big window.
As dinner ended, Shiloh came forward to check out the kids, the dinner and anything else that was interesting to him.
Could have been worse....we have had a pony live in the garage for a week.....

And how was your day?

1 comment:

suzanne said...

Love the photos, and I do hope Shiloh is feeling better!