Thursday, March 11, 2010

Soccer and Snow storms

Spring soccer season has started. My eager young players are ready to refresh their skills and expend their energies. Alas, this morning we had a small blizzard. Maybe not a full scale eastern blizzard, but it was tons of wind driven snow pouring down. Winds gusted and swirled.

How are we to start soccer in this? Luckily, this being New Mexico, the snow was gone by noon and while the wind gusted, we were able to go to practice. The kids wore hats and mittens, hoodies and parkas, but still hit the field.

My team of Under 6 boys have lost none of their skills over the winter break and showed lots of growth. They still randomly tackle each other and wrestle, but that is just fine by me!
I chased them up and down the field several times, threw balls for them to block, and tried to block their kicks to the goal. I left tired, but I am pretty sure they were just getting warmed up.

Hopefully, this freak snow is the last we will have, and we can run happily down green fields!

And how was your day?

No comments: