Monday, March 29, 2010

Resurrection Sunday

The holiest of Christian holidays is fast approaching. Easter Sunday marks the day that Christ rose from his tomb. A miracle and the sealing of a promise. But more than the resurrection, what hits me most isn't the fact that Christ rose, it was the fact that he died.
He willingly and humbly went to the cross, knowing the pain and death that awaited him. There were several times when he could have hidden, left, spoken out or performed a miracle, and may have escaped his death.
But he didn't. He knew what was coming. Being a Jew in that time and place, he was familiar with what goes on in a crucifixion. He was well versed in the process and the pain. And he went. He went knowing he was saving countless souls. He went for me. He went for people I will never know. And the most amazing thing, the agape of it all, if he could have only saved me, just me, he still would have gone. Willingly, knowingly, and sacrificially.
We can never have enough thanks. But we can share the love. Live every day with a joyful heart. See the wonder all around you. Feel God's love for you. You are his favorite. Just like me!

No comments: