Sunday, April 11, 2010

I love quotes!

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
John Wooden


"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Lois McMaster Bujold (A Civil Campaign
 
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."
J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
 
"Happiness is a warm puppy."
Charles M. Schulz
 
"'This is motherhood for you,' said my own mother. 'Going through life with your heart outside your body.'"
Jennifer Weiner 
 
"The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity."
AndrĂ© Gide 
 
"Change isn't easy... changing the way you live means changing what you believe about life. That's hard... When we make our own misery, we sometimes cling to it even when we want so bad to change because the misery is something we know. The misery is comfortable."
Dean Koontz
 
"Human beings can always be relied upon to exert, with vigor, their God-given right to be stupid. "
Dean Koontz 
 
 
"Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake."
— Dean Koontz
 
""Nobody's perfect. Well, there was this one guy, but we killed him....""
Christopher Moore (Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal)  
 
"Canada is a myth people made up to entertain children, like the Tooth Fairy. There’s no such place."
Christopher Moore


 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

The one quote about misery is so very true. It's something that I learned in college, and has proved itself time and again as I've been working. I even find myself doing it (and trust me, Adam has called me on it more than once). Hmm...Maybe I need to go post on my blog about it instead of taking up all the room here! LOL